Maddies 3rd Birthday Tea Party

Monday, October 29, 2007

A Night Out

This last Friday night we had the lovely opportunity of having a night out on the town. And of course we jumped at the chance to get out of the house for a bit. A friend from work was throwing a Halloween party so though we were unable to muster enough creativity for costumes; I mean we were pretty thankful we looked as presentable as we did being that all of our creative juices are spent thinking up different jingles to keep baby intrigued, doing different dances while at the changing table, because while the little miss sure does love getting changed, she hates getting dressed again...she loves the naked life-Josh tells me it reminds him of Auntie Amy. So were pretty much at her beckon call in the creativity department.


We think we look like a pretty tired set of parents here, but really were not, its just that were so unfamiliar with the camera lens pointing at us. Were just confused thats all...we've got the akward Chandler smile goin on.

Of course a night out on the town wouldnt be possible without Gigi's helping hands. She was pretty excited to come see Maddie again and Maddie always gives the best smiles when being held by Gigi. The babe is changing so much every week, so Mom's gotta keep up, and we always welcome a little help. Afterall, the best gift we can give Maddie is a set of parents who love each other and get along. For a while there it was a little rough, but we made it through the tough times...for now.

Look at that face...gotta admit, it was pretty hard to leave this time. She has just been a completely different baby this week and last week. She smiles all the time, her naps are so much more consistent. She sleeps in until 10am every morning, so Im totally rested. Im just completly, head over heels IN LOVE with my daughter. She smiles and I just well up immeditatly, and I mean the tears are a-streamin down my face. She's incredible and theres nothing in this world I wouldnt do for her.

This is the litte beauty we got to come home to. Its funny, I spend all day with her, and after only a couple hours of being away from her, I miss her so much! I cant imagine what Josh goes through being away all day and how hard it must be for him.

1 comment:

Amy Stroup said...

Yes, I do enjoy the naked life. I am working on a clothing line right now - for those who would rather be naked. :)
Madie is a doll! You can definitely tell that Micah and Madie are cousins. I just can't wait to see her again! Love you three.
Ames